Online Shopping vs. In Store Shopping

By: Jami Shaw

Lets talk shopping and how dreadful that it is. Going to a crowded mall and trying to shop but all you want to do is leave because you are frustrated that you can't even find a parking spot. Am I right or am I right?  I think that I stopped going to the malls when I was a sophomore in college.  I absolutely hated trying to find a spot to park, not to mention the drive there would take 20 minutes and then another 20 minutes back home.  So there I was spending almost an hour in my car just driving.  Over the past couple of years I think that we can all agree online shopping has sky rocketed for many.  When you think about both types of shopping there is a lot to consider.  Some of those factors being shipping costs vs tax costs, base prices, product selection and availability are just a few.  Below are a few stats of online shopping.
  • 51% of Americans prefer to shop online
  • 96% of Americans with internet access have made an online purchase in their life, 80% in the past month alone
  • Ecommerce is growing 23% year-over-year, yet 46% of American small businesses do not have a website
Not to mention that convenience of online shopping.  What is better than having something shipped right to your door instead of driving all over town to find something.  Online shopping tends to target woman though more than men.  For woman 65% of them are more anticipated and research online whereas for men 50% of them are less likely to research online before buying the product.  So for me the online option is always the better choice!


Resources:


Comments