The Gluten Free/Organic Diet

By: Jami Shaw

Over the past few years the words gluten free and organic have become very well known all over the U.S.  This growing trend has become very large and I see it just growing more and more into the future.   Growing up I was a farm girl my whole life.  We had cows, pigs, chickens, ducks, rabbits and were surrounded by corn fields.  This means that I was of course raised on eating beef, pork and sausage.  When I went to college I worked in the Health Market at Hy-Vee.  Working in the position I became very familiar with Organic and Gluten Free foods and built a passion to learn more and eat better.  Being from a small town and raised on a farm I had no idea that these items even existed.  

Once I started trying a few things that were Gluten Free and Organic I quickly learned that they really were not that bad tasting at all.  Slowly I started trying more things and then started making new recipes with the products.  I have slowly switched to mainly Organic and will do a lot of Gluten Free options as well. While I am not fully either of these it is something that I prefer because they make me feel way better and its just a healthier option for my body.  While you chose what you put into your mouth, feel good about it and never feel like you have to hide that because of what people will say! 

  

Comments