'Tis the season for... fidget spinners?

As joyful and cheery as the holidays may be, it is no secret that saying this time of the year is stressful. October, November, and December all have holidays that come with gatherings and parties and stress. December in my opinion is the most stressful of all. It is the end of the year so you are trying to make deadlines. Your old friends all come to town so you are hosting a dinner party.  You’re family is all getting together and you need to find the perfect present for your parents. And I cannot speak for everyone but I can definitely speak for myself when I say, no matter how much I prepare ahead of time I am still stressed during the holiday season.

When looking at Google Trends for stress relief searches and popular ideas, hand spinners, stress relief spinners, and fidget spinners are the top three.  With the recent take off of these products in the past year I wasn’t too surprised by this. But with this information I was able to see that the United States is the region with the highest search for stress relief ideas and small gadgets.


There are some other fidget devices that have been making a rise in the stress scene so I compared trends with a fidget spinner and fidget cube to see how big of a difference there would be.  Knowing fidget spinners are more a fad at the present time I was not surprised that there is a higher volume of searches with fidget spinners but I was surprised by the other regions trailing the United States with these searches with Australia and Singapore.

So all in all, fidget spinners are definitely a way of relieving some stress this holiday season.

Comments