Time to get cozy with some popcorn

By: Abigail Gentrup

 

I hope everyone has been enjoying movies lately in the cold weather! Sometimes it's nice to just go relax and get some popcorn with your loved ones. I don't know about you guys, but I feel like there haven't been huge releases of movies since the last time I posted. Forgive me if I'm wrong! But because I feel this way, let's pick two random movies that have come out in the past couple of weeks. First let's discuss the movie "Wonder Wheel" with Kate Winslet and director Woody Allen and then we'll move on to "The Shape of Water" with Octavia Spencer and directorGuillermo del Toro.

 

Wonder Wheel
Wonder Wheel is a drama that takes place in th e1950's and is set on Coney Island. It is centered around the "hustle and bustle" of the Coney Island Amusement Park. It is movie that involves lot of different personalities and lifestyles including love, infidelity and gangsters. This movie had an opening weekend of $140,555 and was produced by Amazon Studios. It premiered in five theaters and had a rank of #31. The movie released on Dec. 1, 2017.

 

As always, I used semrush to look up some keywords and see how much they were searched. I typed in "Wonder Wheel" and the results were about what I had expected. There was a volume of 1.9K and the number of results ended up as 21.5 million. The cost per click was $0.16. Some of the related keywords were "wheel movie," which is hard to tell if this meant to be the same movie, "wonder whell," "wonder weel," "wonderwheel," and more misspellings of "Wonder Wheel." Are you guys as interested in me as to whether or not all of these searches are meant for the same thing?

 

The Shape of Water
Set in the Cold War Era of America, the main character Elisa is "trapped in a life of silence and isolation." Elisa works in a high-security government lab and finds a secret classified experiement with one of her co-workers. The movie comes from Fox Searchlight Pictures and Del Toro Productions. The Shape of Water had an opening weekend of $166,564, premiered in two theaters and had a rank of 20. The movie also released on Dec. 1.

 

Again, I used semrush to see some keywords that this movie might have if people searched it. "The Shape of Water" had many more search results, about 469 million, however it makes you think if people want to learn about the movie or are wondering if actual H20 has a specific shape.Somethine tells me it's the latter. The related keywords semrush gave me were "the shape of," "shape movie," "water shape," "the of water," and "shape of the." Unfortunately, I don't think these people were inquiring about the movie.

Comments