Appealing to Youth Hockey Players

When I was first introduced to ice hockey, I was 6 years old and it was the middle of September. It was the beginning of the best Lincoln Stars season ever and no one even knew what was coming players like John Snowden and Jean-Philippe Lamoureux were the guys that I aspired to be. One night after a game I hung out around the locker room hoping to simply get a high five from some of my favorite players. That night Mick Berge actually gave me his hockey stick that he was using that night. I didn't hang it in my room or anything like that. My first thought was to use the stick the way it was intended for, and play hockey. I was young and wasn't actually playing ice hockey yet, so I took the stick to the streets and sidewalks. I used it so much that I ended up wearing out the blade and needing a new one. I looked at the letters on my stick and decided to do some research. I typed the words CCM and Vector into google and found so many places to order twigs from. These types of interactions can be measured with Data Analytics, and companies can use this information to find new ways to interact with and attract this critical market that are the youth hockey players of the United States. Hockey equipment companies can use the data to create products and advertisements that make these youngsters feel welcome to the hockey community and create lasting impressions and brand loyalty such as the one that CCM made with me for the love of their hockey sticks which I still use today!

By Corbin Smeal

Comments